Cronos Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CRON) (TSX:CRON) released a Marketing and advertising Code addressing the problem of focusing on younger folks who are under the legal age for grownup-use cannabis usage.
Kurt Schmidt, President and CEO of the Toronto-primarily based Cronos Team, emphasized a want for standards and concepts that will elevate business practices.
To that close Cronos designs to advertise the following principles:
- Marketing will be directed toward older people.
- The emphasis will be on dependable consumption of hashish, including imagery featuring only older people.
- Grownup-oriented layout of brand name sites and social media.
- Promotion of responsible cannabis use on grown ups-only promoting situations.
- Transparency and schooling, in addition to the substantiation of claims.
“As policymakers take into account how to best regulate a federally authorized U.S. cannabis market place, we think these rules replicate the type of insurance policies necessary to assist a trusted business,” Schmidt claimed on Monday.
Anna Shlimak, Cronos Group senior vice president of company affairs, said the corporation intends to do the job with its marketplace counterparts to introduce and advance the steps in the future.
“We will also be participating with policymakers and regulators to share the knowledge we have made via operating in the strictly controlled Canadian sector for shut to a 10 years,” Shlimak included.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not give investment advice. All rights